So, I got around to putting some of our summer pictures on the computer finally. Curt has been sick all day, so we basically watched the Olympics or movies all day and I tried to make him take naps, but the problem was that he couldn't sleep during the day and I fell asleep every time we started watching something. So, thus I am wide awake in the middle of the night and he is finally sleeping, which is good. I made some chocolate zucchini bread and decided I should figure this out, so here goes.
Anyway, about Yellowstone. I think we were in Yellowstone for four days. It was a surprise location for me, and a fun place. We stayed about 20-25 miles from the West entrance of Yellowstone in a cabin place called The Pines. The first day we got there later on, so just ventured into the park for a few hours. I was surprised how much of the time was spent driving, maybe all national parks are like that? (As in enormous so you have to drive a long time to see everything.) Anyway, we parked and went down by this river and scaled some rocks, took some pictures.


We went on a couple of short hikes everyday and saw a million geysers, including Old Faithful of course. Did you know that Yellowstone has half of the world's geysers? Anyway, my favorite hike was up to this overlook over a very large waterfall and river. It was huge and reminded me of Trummelbach Falls, but I was much less afraid of slipping and falling in and it was much warmer! Of course there were lots of wild animals, especially bison, that liked to wander into the road and we saw a lot up close. We did see a bear, but only for a split second as it ran across the road in front of the car ahead of us.

Me at the edge of the waterfall.

View of same waterfall from a lookout point down the way.
Some more cool pictures by a steaming blue water lake thing:
5 comments:
You guys are so cute together!!! Love the pictures of Yellow Stone. I did not know that it contained half of the worlds geysers. impressive! (this is your cousin Heidi Young, by the way. )
Hey,
How cool that you made it e-mail me your post. I will have to check into that! Anyway, it is very cool, your blog. Keep it up. What a wonderful way for us to keep up in each other's lives. We love you,
Dad and Mom
great pictures , keep up the posting and maybe we will get inspired and add to ours someday! Love you Mom
Very cool post ... Yellowstone is a wonderful place (many lovely memories for Scott and Elizabeth has been there also). Sorry to hear about the delirium, but glad to know he is on the mend.
Byoukika? Bummer! Nice blog! Yellowstone looks awesome. We'll have to go to it sometime. And, yes, national parks (like Zion and Bryce) you have to drive quite a bit to see everything.
Post a Comment