Sunday, August 30, 2009
Summer's Over...
So, as I am writing, it is the last Sunday before school starts. It has been a good summer and passed altogether too quickly in hindsight. It has been nice to see all of our family members and get some good fun beaching (thanks to very nice and wonderful parents), camping or just hanging out together in. I will be glad to quit working as much. This last month it hasn't been as much because they cut back my hours because they did away with one of the aids, but it will still be nice to get back into school nonetheless. I did not get to my summer goal of using all of the spices in my spice rack (silly goal I know) but I think I might get to it next summer. That and some more camping. It has been my hobby the last few weeks to try and find some places to camp that are close and also free. I think that it is ridiculous that you can't just go camping wherever you want. Well, you probably could, you just can't have a fire and what is camping without a fire? Curt would like to do more backpacking of course-- I got out of hiking King's Peak this year and watched some cute little boys instead (aka Nathan and Daniel), while Curt went with his dad and broher. However, it sounds like it might be becoming something of a family tradition and there is already talk of next year. I think I can handle it every other year or so. We'll see. We are soon headed up to Liza's for dinner. Turky and chocolate cheesecake, mmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm happy to her from you, I think we had a great summer, I just need to plan a trip to see you soon, I don't like not knowing when I get to see you again. You can keep going with your spice goal- I need to do that one too, Dad brought back stuff from Turkey that I'm not sure what to do with it or what it is-- maybe I'll send to you!
Post a Comment