The first day we did the River Walk hike and then some of us continued to hike down the Narrows. The Narrows is a hike down a river in a slot canyon. And when I say down a river I mean in the river. It was really neat. You are walking in water pretty much all of the time. I just had tennis shoes without socks that were mesh in most parts and they worked okay. And it cleaned them up a little. I think I need to get some hiking sandals because the would be better. It took maybe 3-4 hours out and back. Here are some pictures:

This was the deepest part we went through. Good thing it was a hot day because the water was cold!

The second day we were there we did another hike to see some Emerald Pools and then found a pretty random swimming hole and swam in it. It had a 10-12 foot cliff where you had to jump in a particular spot so as to land between two underwater rocks versus on top of them and breaking your legs. Of course Curt was right up there wanting to jump first thing. But he didn't until I gave him permission (after I saw two other people do it multiple times and not die). So he is a very good husband. I didn't take the camera so no pictures of that. It was a good time. We need to go back for longer than a weekend and explore some more!
2 comments:
Yes, it's actually called "Zion National Park" despite what everyone else thinks. Looks like a very fun trip.
Looks like a fun trip, Nathan was worried about your clothes being wet when he saw the pics!
Post a Comment