So, I am in the desert here in Arizona for school for three weeks. We drove down on Friday, which took 8 hours mostly because we detoured an hour out to see Four Corners (which by the way is closed right now). Yesterday we went around to all the clinics, hospital etc where we will be doing clinicals and then did not much for the rest of the day. We did watch Sense and Sensibility and I think we have all the Jane Austen movies ever made so we will watch them all I am sure. By the way, BBC just put out a four hour long Emma so I will tell you if it is good when we get around to watching it.Today we went to Canyon de Chelly which is where some Navajos apparently hid out to avoid the Long Walk, and it is the only place around here where anyone farms too. Otherwise they just live in trailers or hogans in the middle of all the dust and I am not sure what they all do. Anyway, we hiked down from the top to the valley below and it was like a 2.5 mile hike or something. Only natives are allowed to drive down into the valley because us belagana (white people) will get lost down there apparently. They had several tables set up with people selling jewelery which was a good price, but nothing really stuck out as spectacular so I didn't buy anything. We saw some really cool Anasazi ruins up on the cliff. They had to rock climb to get to them. We stayed down there for a while and then hiked back up and are now again free for most of the rest of the day.
3 comments:
This is great, keep posting in all that free time you have!
That looks like fun; maybe you should lay out and tan on Saturdays then you won't be so belagna, and you can drive down to the bottom the canyon!! Love the blog post, keep it up! Love you! Liza
What a beautiful place! Keep the pictures coming. Hope you stay safe.
Post a Comment